Friday 4 March 2011

Are They Serious?



View Larger Map

Why have I posted this unremarkable Wigan street scene? I'm looking for work. I haven't worked for nearly eight months and I'm not claiming benefits. I am wholly supported by Mrs Gruff at present, as I have no money at all. My creditors are being disagreeable, quite aggressively so, so I need work, and I'm looking for work. Unfortunately the few jobs that are available are either outside my scope in some regard or simply not worth doing. However, I'm looking for work, which is how I came upon this advertisement at the Jobcentre Plus web site:

'Delivery person required for Parbold area. Duties are to deliver papers to peoples houses in local area. . Please post Current CV to Gemma' (Job No. SKM/31224, here)

A local newsagent, McColl's, requires applicants for a paper boy's job to submit a CV. I couldn't believe it either, although experience has taught me that it would have been unwise to have written that 'I've seen it all now'. I'm certain that somewhere, there are even more absurd things awaiting discovery.

1 comment:

UBERMOUTH said...

Unbelievable.

A friend and I are currently looking for superintendents positions so we can get a free apt and salary[ I wonder if you could do that in the UK?] and I saw an advert for a course in it! LOL