Saturday 20 December 2008

Woolly Vegetarians



Some of the products of human creativity are works of art and others are just hobbies. I hold my own ideas on what constitutes 'art' (four years at art college do, at least, endow one with some credibility in the eyes of the gullible), and, had I the money, I would enjoy a few hobbies, but I have no real idea of what distinguishes the artist from the hobbyist, though I have no doubt that should the output of a hobbyist be discovered by a pseudo-scientist three thousand years hence it will undoubtedly be attributed to a 'primitive artist' (five years inter-disciplinary study - two at postgraduate level - of the past - at two universities - do, at least, endow one with some credibility in the eyes of the gullible).

Artist or hobbyist? Whether or not, the knitted garden tickled my fancy and I fancy that it won't be too long before someone knits one into a narrow gauge model railway.

Gruff thanks to Crafty McGee for the photograph.

No comments: