Saturday 14 August 2010

Triumph Hurricane




I've only ever seen one, and that was in the early seventies, when my wallet stretched to fifty quid for a ratty Royal Enfield and bikes such as the Hurricane were firmly in the realms of fantasy. The machine I saw must have been quite new and I did not know what it was until later. It's a beautiful machine and I'd love one, even though I think it 'sits' too high and is orange and yellow and has at least one too many silencers, and forks that are far too long. I have always disliked the stretched-leg, tip-toe seat height of modern motorcycles. A lower version, with a seat height more nearly that of the Lycett Saddle of a vintage motorcycle would enhance the impresion of length suggested by the smooth flowing contours of the seat and tank moulding and add considerably to the Hurrican'e visual appeal.

No comments: