Friday 30 July 2010

Another Wasted Day

I had intended going for a walk along the Lancaster Canal but it's been raining all bloody day and I have no wet weather gear, and the car, which is not dead after all, although it may not be terribly healthy, has not yet proved itself reliable enough to take me off the beaten track.

The car's a problem. Do I splash out on a new radiator, three new tyres, a new alternator, a service and wheel alignment and balancing or simply run it until it really does die on me and scrap it? It's a Rover 214 and has never held a high place in my affections, though it's been reliable and run well over the past three years. Mrs Gruff calls it George because it's boring but like Georges everywhere it has been dependable and I haven't the money to replace it.

No comments: