Wednesday 23 July 2008

Bad Language and Thanks to Northumbria Police

angela tells me that she was robbed today by two con men who emptied her till. I am not a swear blogger but I hope the fucking bastards die in a pool of their own shit. She is the mother of two decent and intelligent boys and is struggling to develop a thriving business in difficult circumstances. The theft has deprived her of a week's considerably less than national minimum wage, for which she works hard.

Naturally she dialled 999 as soon as she discovered the loss. 'The Police' were prompt, efficient, very supportive and generally 'fantastic' (in stark contrast to my own annoying encounter with an overly officious Alnwick policeman) and I don't doubt that eventually they'll catch the scum, who robbed a number of other shops in the area, but I wonder whether the courts will honour their part of the bargain between The Law and The Public.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Make it someone else's shit instead - much worse. Best wishes to Angela, I hope she's feeling better now.

William Gruff said...

Many thanks Gallimaufry. Actually, now that you mention it, a vat load of many other people's shit would be even better.