Friday 18 June 2010

A Nice Day

I spent the day in the garden and my cuttings pile is halfway towards worth hiring a chipper. I've hacked down quite a bit of foliage and associated woody stuff. A black mark for B & Q, whose representative broke the promise explicitly given on a sticky label attached to one of their products guaranteeing a full refund were I not completely satisfied, which, given that the product broke less than twenty four hours after purchase, I was not, but a satisfying day none the less. I tidied up here and there, clipped the Wisteria wandering in from next-door, refixed the telephone line outside the house, refilled the compost bin, etc. etc. etc. and thoroughly enjoyed myself. The day was made even more enjoyable by the crew of the RAF VC10 that flew low level circuits from lunch until teatime. What a beautiful aeroplane.

I'll be even happier when I've replanted my aquarium and sorted out some stylish lighting for The Mrs Gruff's nano aquarium.

Lunch was a smoked ham sandwich with a pear and watercress salad and dinner was fish and chips eaten off my lap, outside and as the sun went down.

I once saw a sticker in the rear window of a car saying 'it's a nice day, watch some bastard spoil it'. The bastard at B & Q, who was actually a rat faced little bitch, tried but failed.

No comments: