Friday 6 March 2009

This post was intended to demonstrate that I am not restricted to twentieth century music but after clicking on a few links I came up with this, and the memories swamped my intentions:











To some those songs are 'rock 'n' roll' but they are not. Rock 'n' Roll was the creation of commercially astute impresarios, much as Punk was twenty years later.

A punk impresario submitted this:



And this:



And died in the breach.

A long time ago, before two marriages, numerous relationships and more than one credit crunch, I owned copies of the first three Imperial Rockabilly albums, as well as a good few other regional and proprietorial rockabilly collections. I've no idea where the plastic ended up but the sounds reverberate still in my head.

Coming soon: Early secular and profane music, Renaissance and Baroque music, of all sorts, and other secret musical loves.

No comments: