Friday 2 January 2009

Prudence Located

She's in one of the ring binders that live on the lowermost bookshelf, chewing up statements. I could hear the sound of hard plastic or compressed and coated cardboard being chewed and knew immediately what area she was in. The sound of paper being shredded guided me to the spot. A trap has been laid. It needs only patience (and Prudence's prudence in not chewing through any of the numerous live cables - mains and IT - that lie in that area) for the return of the wanderer.

'Slowly, slowly catchee monkey', as Pater Gruff used occasionally to intone, and catchee the 'monkey' I shall, eventually. I do hope she doesn't electrocute herself, and I earnestly desire that no vital documents are destroyed in her efforts to make herself comfortable, bless her.

No comments: