Monday 10 March 2008

Lightning Striking Twice?

I'm off to Northumberland tomorrow, hoping that I can find work there. Unbelievably I've just done something to my ankle and foot, on the stairs, as I carried some boxes of surplus kit down to load into the car. In late January of last year I managed to slip in the bath and break some ribs during the process of moving my things out of Berwick. My ankle is swollen but isn't broken and doesn't appear to be sprained but my foot is very sore in that now familiar broken bone way and if I catch my it on something, like the leg of the table on which the PC sits, or twist it inadvertently, it complains in much the same way as my wrist did when I broke it.

If things have not improved in the morning I shall seek medical advice but the last time I presented myself at a hospital (Berwick Infirmary) with a suspected fracture I was peremptorily told, by an officious and sour-faced Jockette, to see my GP, which consultation took a fortnight to arrange and a further fortnight to occur.

No comments: